Hey everybody ^_^!!
So some big updates are just in!
Both the dropship code and the way sounds are handled in OBEY have been largely rewritten:
The main dropship change is that it no longer relies on the 30 second mark. IT CAN NOW LITERALLY BE CRASHED AT ANY TIME!
Yes, it is even possible to crash it just before it lands as it hovers over the drop area (this is very difficult to do, though). Take a look below:
The dropship monitor shows 3 things:
– The time until drop
– The chance of a normal delivery
– The “weight imbalance”
To be able to crash at any moment, the dropship ‘rolls a dice’ every 2 seconds to see if it should crash. The “weight imbalance” shows the chance to crash each tick. The ‘chance of normal delivery’ is that chance, calculated over how many ticks are left until landing.
Another big change to the dropship is that what the robot buys now spawns behind this area here:
The key to this is that anything that is behind that area counts towards the BALANCE of the ship! This area is not easy for the bunnies to reach, and therefore robo can try to counter imbalance caused by bunnies by buying more things!
Some other important changes include major optimizations in sound effects, and also that autopay can now be set up to 200¢ː
To help make clear how much a ¢ directive is worth, green ¢ː means 25-100, and cyan ¢ː means 125 – 200. Finally, their size helps distinguish their value (bigger = higher value);
Here is a comprehensive list of the changes:
The dropship can now be crashed at any time if it exists (no more 30 second time limit).
Items bought by robo are now protected behind a barrier, and serve to BALANCE the dropship.
increased weight of bunnies (was 2, now 4)
dropship monitor now displays “chance to successfully deliver” and “weight imbalance”.
robo’s dropship timer now turns red if the chance to deliver is less than 70% (used to be red for < 30 secs)
* removed text indicator for bunnies to know if dropship was purchased by robo.
* money directives can now be worth up to 200¢
* money directives now bigger if worth more, smaller if worth less.
* money directives that are green are worth between 25-100, cyan are worth 125-200
* feedbox can now be set to pay up to 200¢
* major rework & optimization to audio. Having many sounds play should have much less fps impact
* added roboWeightBias server setting, a weight modifier for things in the balance area (default .4)
* added bunnyWeight server setting. It is now possible to set the weight of bunnies (default 4).
* added dropshipChanceToCrashMod server setting. Higher number = more difficult to crash dropship (default 7000)
* slightly extended dropship time over the drop area by .5 secs
* getting subverted now plays a deactivation sfx
* fixed divide by zero bug in AI calculations
* updated loading screen tip related to crashing the ship
* numerous minor tweaks