xGdog‘s latest OBEY gameplay video!
I just wanted to announce the latest that’s going on with OBEY. I am working on a FREE demo, that will be available to everyone. Right now it is being tested among the backers. Probably in a week or two I will put a version up on the Humble Store for sale and also give out the free version.
At first they will be the same build, but over time I will be updating the paid version adding things like in-game voice chat, sounds, alliances, environmental destruction etc!
So that’s the plan! 🙂
Since OBEY Kickstarter has been launched, press and YouTubers have taken an interest and have mentioned and previewed OBEY. Here are the links:
* IGM: Interviews Daniel Dez on OBEY
* IGM: OBEY Preview – Power Structures in Bunny and Turret Society
* Kickstart this: Coerce fellow bunnies to work for you in OBEY
* Indie Games: Trailer Roundup
* Cliqist: OBEY is a Robot vs. Bunny Apocalypse
* Cliqist: OBEY – Multiplayer with Cute Bunnies and a Giant Robot
* Hardcore Gamer: Fund OBEY for an Incredible Innovative Multiplayer Experience
* Fragmix: Kevin Reviews OBEY
* KSalue: OBEY Pre-Alpha Preview
* 3rd Strike: To OBEY or Not to OBEY – Steam Greenlight Campaign Launched
* The Koalition: Kickstarter Weekly: OBEY, Empyrion, and Weather Zen
Here are some videos experienced by 2 youtubers on the same playtest session:
Are you a Boston-dweller?
From 11am – 12 on Thursday October 23rd, I will be showing off OBEY at a LAN party at the EF school in Brighton if you want to try it out before anyone else! 😀
Then, from 7 – 10 , all the Boston indie devs running kickstarters and a bunch of our friends are going to be hanging out at Aeronaut Brewery in Somerville! (this is a 21 and over event)
Come say hi!
The peeps at GAU Studios were so very kind, and interviewed me at BostonFIG! Here it is! 😀
Was awesome having you guys play!
I’ve been quiet, but I have been working very hard preparing OBEY to go into kickstarter mode! 🙂
As you can see I have implemented a flamethrower.
It’s main purpose was to have a way to counter players that like to camp the door before subverting. The strategy is to wait by the door until the robo player has bought a dropship, bought some goodies, or killed off the other nearby players before subverting! It’s a great strategy, but it should have a counter in the game. That is the flamethrower. The flamethrower can be aimed down to the door and will easily incinerate anyone camping there. The drawback to the flamethrower is that it leaves charred corpses when it kills bunnies. Charred corpses are dangerous to robo because other bunnies can smuggle them to robo’s loading area and drop them in, causing the robo player to incur a large $ penalty. The robo player can destroy the corpses though by shooting them.
I think the current build is a good build to use as showcase to the press. So it is time to ramp up for kickstarter mode! 😀